How to Bid
Welcome to the website for Sherman Hostetter Auctioneers. Follow these steps to become a bidder with us:
1. Log In - First-time users must Create An Account
including a username, password and credit card information (we do not accept American Express). Return users must be Signed In
to place online bids.
2. Place Your Bid - Once you have signed in, you may place a bid from either the auction’s catalog page or individual lot page. As an example, to place a bid of $5, simply type the number "5" - our website already includes the .00 and only accepts bids in dollar increments.
If you cannot place a bid, you are either not signed in or you have not agreed to the auction’s terms. To agree to the terms, click on Register for this Auction located at the top of each individual auction on our site.
3. Verify Your Bid - Before your bid in finalized, you will be prompted to verify your bid.
4. Submit Your Bid - Once the bid has been submitted, your bid becomes a legally binding offer to purchase the item(s) or property being auctioned.
5. Keep Track of Your Bids - You will receive an email notification if you have been outbid. You may also receive notification by text. This option is available under Account Settings.
Our website is continually updating information as bids are placed. Please remember to refresh or reload our website so that you are viewing the most up to date information, photos and bids. Happy bidding!